Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dancing Through Life

First ballet class today.
If youd have told me I'd be taking ballet three months ago, i would have laughed. Ballet requires balance and a skirt, both of which I lack. Ballet is for girls who like pink shoes and tutus...not for hard-core volleyball playing-knee scraping- sneaker wearing-Zoes. But in the spirit of trying new things, I swallowed my pride and pulled on some leggings and went to class.
I knew I was out of place when i showed up wearing adidas running leggings and a t-shirt when the rest of the class came sporting brightly colored leo's and pastel tights and matching leg warmers. I wobbled through the warm-up, unable to stand straight enough or point my tough quite the right way. I was constantly off beat, and my technique was horrid. Who knew there was a specific way youre supposed to position your fingers? The worst part was the very clean, very large, full-legnth wall-to-wall mirror spanning the entirity of the classroom, so i could see every mistake I made in horrifying 360 degrees of detail.
Lets just say its going to take some time before im plie-ing across the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment