Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Grazie De Stradis!

I have now officially changed host families for the first time. After lugging three exceptionally heavy and bulky (more so than when I had packed them the first time)  down three flights of very narrow Italian apartment stairs, and exchanging several emotional arrivederci's ( grandpa De Stradis actually shed a few tears - it was precious) it was time to go.
But first, I would like to thank the De Stradis for an amazing time. I can now say that I have eaten lobster, very nearly eaten snail, gone yachting, eaten salmon in Monaco, learned to dance the salsa, been to Switzerland (twice), hiked in the Italian Alps, seen Harry Potter 7 in Italian, bathed in the Mediterranean, and eaten at a resteraunt every day for lunch for about four months (oh the food).
So thank you De Stradis, for an amazing adventure, for sharing your lives with me, and for giving me a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment